I’ve been to far too few plays in my life. Something I’d love to remedy but time and money can be impeding factors. So I’m not exactly equipped to review plays. However, several things I learned tonight.
- Watching a play at the very back of the Gaiety is like watching a play of people watching a play
- Sitting behind a fat head can ruin a play
- In no way is it a given that a play will be better than the film in the way a book is
- Unless you can afford the good seats, plays are best experienced in small venues
- Keeping your head at a 45 degree angle for two hours can be very sore
I truly wish I was better at enjoying things I really should enjoy rather than letting the little things spoil experiences much more than they should.